UPDATE at 11:23am on 3/12/20
From the evening news last night, we know that the NBA has postponed/stopped their basketball games for public safety--which sadly
affects our event that were were going to have at the LA Clippers on Saturday.
I am so sorry that the timing has fallen like this. I stopped the shirt production last night so that we can hopefully pick this back
up at another time and put a new message or date on the shirt.
I'm not sure how the Clippers are going to handle the tickets purchased. I am in the same situation as each of you. Once I find out,
I'll share the information.
I have had such a meaingful experience dancing with you and in the sharing of our hearts and energy. Thank you for an AMAZING
#ShakeIt experience in 2020. I don't think anyone could have predicted a pandemic two days before.
Please keep up your protection/health and our message, too. Community, joy, and self-acceptance matter.
I will look forward to reconnecting the the future to celebrate your originality and diversity once again. Thank you for your
understanding and your graciousness about this unexpected disappointment that is in the greater good (but a bummer nonetheless!).
PS In the coming weeks, we'll share a video highlighting the fun we got to have together during rehearsals.
JOIN & DANCE
For Self-Acceptance, Community, & Joy!
To celebrate your originality and diversity!
When: Saturday, March 14, 2020
Where: Staples Center
What: Group dance. We'll take court
right before the game.
How to join: See "4 Simple Steps to Participate!"
Please scan this whole page before you commit--so you can have an awesome experience!
The video below is the dance and shows the activity level for your
- Clippers game day: QUICKLY get onto the court, dance a bit over 3 minutes and exit; and rehearsals, 90 minutes.
- You do NOT have to be a "dancer" to do this.
- All shapes, sizes, and levels of dance experience are welcome!
Any trademarks, servicemarks, copyrighted materials, logos, and company names that appear in this video are the property of their respective owners and do not imply
any sort of affiliation, endorsement, or sponsorship unless specifically stated, highlighted, and indicated. The purpose of these videos are to document the activities of this advocacy/educational
1. Register for one "live" rehearsal with #ShakeIt through
Eventbrite link--details & link below (e.g., date options and copy of waiver)
2. Buy game ticket(s) through Clippers link--details & link below--MUST USE THAT
3. Attend your rehearsal. It's fun!
4. Show up, open to the experience on game day! It'll be a blast!
Act now! Spaces are limited!
Purchase your non-refundable game tickets AND
register EARLY to assure your participation.
CUT OFF to register to dance on court is Friday Night,
11:59pm, March 6th.
- Adults (18+ years of age), yes!
- Special Opportunity! Minors (9-17) can participate/dance WITH parent/legal guardian on the court and at rehearsals. Unattended minors
are not allowed. Supervision of any minors is the responsibility of the parent/guardian 100% of the time.
To register: Click here for #ShakeIt on
You'll be asked to:
- Tell us your preferred shirt size (adult, unisex Small to XXXL). See shirt design to the right
- Choose your rehearsal
- You are welcome to attend more after your first, but one is required to participate on court.
Rehearsal date and location options:
Your registration information will be used for #ShakeIt to communicate with you during this event's process and on occasion
about future opportunities. Eventbrite has it's own privacy policies.
To purchase game tickets (starting at $32
& non-refundable): Click here for Clippers.com/ShakeIt CODE: shakeit
- Clippers are separate from #ShakeIt. If you have questions about how your information will be used in the future, please ask our
representative, Luke Felton.
- If you require seating accommodations, please email Luke Felton.
These are super fun (and help you to know what you're doing on the "day of")!
- Hydrate/bring water.
- Wear closed-toe shoes (e.g., tennies)
and clothing you can move/dance in!
- No gum chewing while dancing (it would be awful if anyone choked).
- Stretch out or warm up before movement.
- Pace yourselves, take breaks, let this be a joy for you!
Want Videos to practice the "I'm Original"
dance? Click here
- Feel free to alter steps for your comfort, limitations, or ability. If you need ideas for how, just ask Alli!
RELEASE & WAIVER OF LIABILITY:
- You'll need to agree to/sign the below waiver at the start of rehearsals.
- Please review or have a lawyer review the waiver/release so you are fully informed about what you are agreeing to. We'll have a copy for your to
sign before rehearsals (one per person, minor or adult). Releases affect your legal rights.
RELEASE/WAIVER OF LIABILITY & TERMS OF AGREEMENT
This Release/Waiver of Liability and Terms of Agreement also includes a PHOTO IMAGE RELEASE. You may be filmed/recorded during any part of this activity.2020 ShakeItforSelfAcceptanceActivityRel[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [487.7 KB]
Schedule for Saturday, March 14, 2020 Changes in RED as of 3/10/20:
- Wake up & remind yourself, "I am more than enough! I'm gonna be open to this whole super special
- 4:30pm, #ShakeIt arrives with shirts.
- BY/AT 5:15pm, check-in with #ShakeIt at the Staples Center 11st Street Entrance (corner of Chick Hearn Court
and Georgia Street - Click here for
Google Map directions).
- Dance participants receive #ShakeIt commemorative T-shirt.
- Please get there EARLY/on time; we have limited time to distribute shirts and practice outside Staples Center.
- 5:30-6:05/6:10pm (approx), form
entrance lines & run dance together outside of Staples Center. Enter as a group/present Clippers game
ticket for entry. (Note this is not your Eventbrite registration)
- 6:00pm, doors open to the public.
- 6:15pm (approx), inside at 11th St. Entrance, line up in our lines to descend into tunnels as a group. Location
outside section 110/where we entered from 11th Street.
- 7:00pm (approx.), we'll hit the floor and #ShakeIt!
- 7:05pm (approx.), Once we exit
the tunnels, you are on your own!
- Thank you, in advance, for sharing you! Hope you enjoy your friends, family, and the Clippers NBA game.
- 7:30pm, Game starts.
Stuff you want to know:
- Wardrobe for those dancing:
- #ShakeIt T-shirt and any color knee-length or longer pants OK (e.g., blue jeans, yoga pants) as long as
they cover and you can move in them. Be you. Be comfortable.
- Feel free to YOU-niquely shred shirts (leaving logos intact, please!)
- Rubber sole, non-marking shoes ONLY (e.g., tennis shoes). Or you may not be allowed on court.
- Court access is subject to Staples/Clippers approval!
- No identifiable logos or messages on clothes/accessories, or you may need to turn them inside out. (If you can
recognize the logo or word from across a regular sized room, it could be too big to be filmed.)
- Valuables, go light!
- I use these opportunities to bring fanny packs back in style!. We will likely leave our belongings in the
backstage tunnels. No one actively supervises our things and no lockers are provided. Keep it simple. Leave the precious stuff at home; bring only what you
Parking & public transportation
Questions about the Staples Center?
- Non-marking shoes (or you will not be allowed on court)!
- As a group, we check in AT 6:15PM AT THE GROUP EXPERIENCES TABLE.
- You'll need to sign a waiver.
- Be on time or you might miss out!
- BAG SIZE LIMIT: 14" X 14" X 6" max.
To participate, you agree:
- To check in at rehearsals and event.
- To take care not to cause injury to self or others.
- To conduct yourself with due regard to public conventions, morals and laws (e.g., keep the free-style sections "family
- To stretch out and warm up before we #ShakeIt!
- To be responsible for yourself, your safety, and your conduct (and your minor's) at all times.
- That your participation is completely your choice, at will, and no compensation will be provided to
- That your image, voice, likeness will be documented in photos and on film, which may be used in future marketing of related
- That event is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- That parking is at your own risk.
- That you are in good health and able to participate in this event. If you have a pre-existing medical condition that may
be aggravated by dancing or attending this event, it is your responsibility to attain your doctor's approval before taking part in this event.
As usual, "See something, say something"
For accommodation questions
ShakeIt: Please contact Alli,
via ShakeItforSelfAcceptance@gmail.com, at least 2 weeks prior to your first rehearsal.
Clippers: For ticket/seating
accommodations, please contact Luke Felton.
Interact with dance participants, ask questions, and
invite your friends to join on our FB Event Page:
Facebook Event Page - CLICK