When: Saturday, March 14, 2020
Where: @the LA Clippers pregame, Staples Center
What: #ShakeIt for Self-Acceptance!®
- Sparks important conversations about body, soul, and self-acceptance
- Brings people together to celebrate our diversity and originality
- Is about community, joy, and dance!
- We share all of these through our signature dance: "I'm
How you can join: Keep reading! 4 simple steps!
Above shows the activity level for your consideration.
- Clippers game day: 5 minutes total to enter court, dance 3:30, and exit/Rehearsals: 90 minutes.
- You do NOT have to be a "dancer" to do this.
- All shapes, sizes, and levels of dance experience are welcome!
Four simple steps:
- Buy your and your friends/family game tickets through Clippers tix link
- Register at #ShakeIt link below.
- Attend ONE "live" rehearsal organized by #ShakeIt. (Dates, locations, and copy of required waiver/release
- Show up, open to the experience (It'll be a blast!) on game day!
Act now! Spaces are limited! Please purchase
your non-refundable tickets AND register EARLY to assure your participation (we WANT you there (!!!!). The less costly Clippers' seats are guaranteed for us until January
30th. After that? This HOT team is in demand, so grab your tix ASAP!
- Adults (18+ years of age) welcome.
- Minors (10-17) are also welcome and must be accompanied by parent/legal guardian who is dancing with
- Unattended and/or minors under 10 years of age are not allowed to dance.
Clippers link to purchase tickets (starting at $32):
- Code word is ShakeIt.
- For friends and family wanting to support you and then watch the game with you, purchase their tickets with yours
- Seating chart: When dancing, we will face towards section110/111.
- Prices will probably go up after January 30th due to demand/availability.
- Clippers are separate from #ShakeIt. If you have questions about how your information will be used in the future, please ask our
representative, Luke Felton.
- If you require seating accommodations, please email Luke
Officially register with #ShakeIt: CLICK HERE
Why? We want to:
- order you your preferred shirt size (adult, unisex Small to XXXL);
- know which rehearsal you'll be attending; and
- take good care of you!
Your registration information will be used for #ShakeIt to communicate with you during this event's process and on occasion
about future opportunities. Eventbrite has it's own privacy policies.
To help you to feel super comfortable "day of," you'll need to attend
ONE live rehearsal organized by #ShakeIt.
- Rehearsals are super fun. We bond, laugh a lot, and get secure/informed about what we're
- Feel free to alter steps for your comfort, limitations, or ability! (If you don't know how, just ask Alli!)
Reminders: Hydrate/bring water -- Closed-toe
shoes (tennies) are safest -- No gum chewing while dancing (it would be awful if anyone choked) -- Stretch out and warm
up before movement.
Waiver. Please review or have a lawyer review the waiver/release so you are
fully informed about what you are agreeing to. We'll have a copy for your to sign before rehearsals (one per person, minor or adult).
Want videos to practice the "I'm Original"
Subject to change - Check back
Schedule for Saturday, March 14, 2020:
- Wake up & remind yourself, "I am more than enough! I'm Original! I'm gonna be open to this whole super special experience
- 5:15pm, check-in with #ShakeIt at the Staples Center 11st Street Entrance (corner of Chick Hearn Court and
Georgia Street - Click here for
Google Map directions).
- Dance participants receive #ShakeIt commemorative T-shirt while supplies last.
- 5:30pm (approx), run dance together outside of Staples.
- 6:00pm, doors open. Present your Clippers digital game ticket for entry. Note: this is NOT your
#ShakeIt Eventbrite registration.
- 6:30pm, inside at 11th St. Entrance, gather to descend into tunnels as a group. (Location outside section
110/where we entered from 11th Street).
- 7:00pm (approx.) we'll hit the floor and #ShakeIt!
- Once we exit the tunnels, you are on your own!
- Thank you, in advance, for sharing you! Hope you enjoy your friends, family, and the Clippers NBA game.
- 7:30pm Game starts
Stuff you want to know...
Wardrobe for those dancing:
- #ShakeIt T-shirt and any color knee-length or longer pants OK (e.g., blue jeans, yoga pants) as long as they
cover and you can move in them. Be you. Be comfortable.
- Feel free to YOU-niquely shred shirts (leaving logos intact, please!)
- Rubber sole, non-marking shoes ONLY (e.g., tennis shoes). Or you may not be allowed on court.
- Court access is subject to Staples/Clippers approval!
- No identifiable logos or messages on clothes/accessories, or you may need to turn them inside out. (If you can
recognize the logo or word from across a regular sized room, it could be too big to be filmed.)
Valuables, go light! (I use these opportunities to bring fanny packs back in style!). We will
likely leave our belongings in the backstage tunnels. No one actively supervises our things and no lockers are provided. Keep
it simple. Leave the precious stuff at home; bring only what you need.
Staples Center parking & public transportation. *Make sure you are OK to be parked in whatever lot you parked
in until after the game and pay accordingly. ASK! Plan accordingly so you don't miss check-in/are not late. Click here for MAP OF PARKING or click here for PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
Questions about the Staples Center?
To participate, you agree:
- To check in at rehearsals and event.
- To take care not to cause injury to self or others.
- To conduct yourself with due regard to public conventions, morals and laws (e.g., keep the free-style sections "family
- To stretch out and warm up before we #ShakeIt!
- To be responsible for yourself, your safety, and your conduct (and your minor's) at all times.
- That your participation is completely your choice, at will, and no compensation will be provided to
- That your image, voice, likeness will be documented in photos and on film, which may be used in future marketing of related
- That event is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- That parking is at your own risk.
- That you are in good health and able to participate in this event. If you have a pre-existing medical condition that may
be aggravated by dancing or attending this event, it is your responsibility to attain your doctor's approval before taking part in this event.
As usual, "See something, say something"
For accommodation questions
ShakeIt: Please contact Alli,
via ShakeItforSelfAcceptance@gmail.com, at least 2 weeks prior to your first rehearsal.
Clippers: For ticket/seating
accommodations, please contact Luke Felton.
Interact with dance participants, ask questions, and
invite your friends to join on our FB Event Page:
Facebook Event Page - CLICK HERE